Summary: Intel has released a new GPU driver update for the Arc A380 GPU, which includes clock speed adjustments to enhance stability, improve fan behavior, fix bugs, and improve compatibility with HDMI connections.
- Firmware update enhances stability, improves fan behavior, fixes bugs, and enhances compatibility with HDMI connections.
- GPU clock speed has been overclocked by 150 MHz, increasing the default GPU clock from 2.0 GHz to 2.15 GHz.
- The update applies to other brands of the Arc A380 GPU.
Intel’s latest GPU drivers for the Arc A380 GPU have brought about some notable changes. In addition to optimizing gaming performance for DirectX11 games, these drivers also include a firmware update that affects certain GPUs. The primary focus of this update is to enhance stability, improve fan behavior, fix bugs, and enhance compatibility with HDMI connections. However, what was unexpected is that this update also adjusts the clock speeds of the Arc A380 GPU.
A member of the Neowin forum, Eternal Tempest, noticed that their Arc A380 received a new firmware update that comes with a slight frequency boost. Specifically, the GPU has been overclocked by 150 MHz, increasing the default GPU clock from 2.0 GHz to 2.15 GHz. This update also involves upgrading the BIOS version from 20.0.1053 to 20.0.1064.
It’s important to note that the Arc A380 GPU in question is not an Intel GPU but a custom variant by ASRock. Therefore, these changes should apply to other brands as well. There are a total of 12 custom variants available, with some featuring a GPU clock speed of 2450 MHz. While the 150 MHz overclock is a minor adjustment, it should not have a significant impact on power consumption.
This article is based on information by Videocardz.com
About ASRock: ASRock is a important player in the computer hardware industry, particularly known for its wide range of innovative computer products. The company specializes in manufacturing motherboards, graphics cards, and mini-PCs that cater to diverse user needs, from gaming enthusiasts to professional content creators. ASRock's commitment to quality and technology has earned it a solid reputation among PC builders and users alike. With a focus on delivering high-performance components and reliable solutions, ASRock continues to contribute significantly to the advancement of computing technology.ASRock Website: https://www.asrock.com/
ASRock LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/asrock
About Intel: Intel Corporation, a global technology leader, is for its semiconductor innovations that power computing and communication devices worldwide. As a pioneer in microprocessor technology, Intel has left an indelible mark on the evolution of computing with its processors that drive everything from PCs to data centers and beyond. With a history of advancements, Intel's relentless pursuit of innovation continues to shape the digital landscape, offering solutions that empower businesses and individuals to achieve new levels of productivity and connectivity.Intel Website: https://www.intel.com/
Intel LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/intel-corporation/
- Arm and Samsung Partner to Develop Advanced 2nm GAA-Optimized Cortex Cores
- Intel introduces Xeon “Sierra Forest” 288 E-core Processor for Telecom at MWC 2024
- AMD Resolves STAPM Throttling, Prompts Reevaluation of Ryzen 7 8700G and Ryzen 5 8600G
- Qualcomm introduces FastConnect 7900, AI-Optimized Wi-Fi 7 System for Enhanced Connectivity
- Supermicro boosts 5G and Telco Cloud performance with expanded infrastructure solutions.
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.