Summary: Newly appointed President of Blizzard Entertainment, Johanna Faries, expresses her excitement and commitment to building upon Blizzard's legacy and taking the company to new heights, while acknowledging the unique dynamics of Activision, Blizzard, and King and her personal priorities of family, yoga, and video games.
- Faries' acknowledgement of the unique cultures and communities within Activision, Blizzard, and King shows her understanding and respect for the company's diverse history.
- Her commitment to serving player communities and nurturing Blizzard's commitment to excellence and creative mastery demonstrates her dedication to the company's core values.
- Faries' personal note about her love for video games, particularly Diablo IV, and her inspiration from Blizzard's legacy shows her passion for the industry and her excitement for the future of the company.
In a recent email sent to all Blizzard employees, Johanna Faries, the newly appointed President of Blizzard Entertainment, expressed her excitement and gratitude for joining the company. Faries acknowledged the mixed emotions that come with this transition, particularly in light of recent departures within the organization. However, she emphasized her commitment to building upon Blizzard’s legacy and taking the company to new heights.
Faries acknowledged the separate differences between Activision, Blizzard, and King, highlighting the unique games, cultures, and communities associated with each company. She assured employees that she is aware of these dynamics and will approach her role with sensitivity and respect.
With a focus on serving the player communities and nurturing Blizzard’s commitment to excellence and creative mastery, Faries expressed optimism about the future. She plans to visit the Irvine office next week and hopes to connect with as many employees as possible through informal meet-and-greets. For those unable to attend, Faries encourages them to reach out VIA email. Additionally, a town hall meeting is being planned for the near future.
On a personal note, Faries shared that her top priority in life is raising her two sons. She also mentioned her love for daily yoga, prayer, and, of course, video games – particularly expressing her enthusiasm as a big fan of Diablo IV. Faries expressed her inspiration from Blizzard’s iconic legacy and the transformative power of gaming in her life and the lives of others.
In conclusion, Faries conveyed her eagerness to begin this new chapter at Blizzard. She expressed her desire to listen, learn, empower, and collaborate with the entire team in shaping a bright future together. With a call to forge legendary days ahead, Faries instills a sense of optimism and unity among Blizzard employees.
- CTL introduces Sleek Chromebook NL73 Series: A Perfect Blend of Style and Function
- Arctic’s Liquid Freezer III AIO CPU Coolers Receive Impressive Price Reductions
- Crucial introduces high-performance DDR5-6000 memory and T705 M.2 Gen 5 SSD
- ASUS introduces AI-Enabled Vivobook S Series Notebooks, Powered by Intel Core Ultra Processors
- ASUS introduces AI-Enhanced Vivobook S Series Featuring AMD Ryzen 8040 CPUs
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.