Summary: Retro Games Ltd. is launching THE400 Mini, a modern recreation of the iconic Atari 400 home computer, complete with updated features and the ability to side-load games, providing a nostalgic gaming experience for enthusiasts.
- Offers a nostalgic trip down memory lane for gamers
- Includes an updated version of the beloved CX40 Atari joystick
- Allows players to side-load their own games using a USB stick
Retro Games Ltd., a producer of reimagined home computers, has exciting news for gaming enthusiasts. On March 28th, 2024, they will be launching THE400 Mini, a modern-day recreation of the Atari 400, the home computer that made its debut in 1979. This half-sized version of the Atari 400 not only pays homage to the iconic 8-bit Atari range from the 400 to the 800XL but also encompasses the Atari 5200 home console.
For those seeking a nostalgic trip down memory lane, THE400 Mini comes bundled with THECXSTICK, an updated version of the beloved CX40 Atari joystick. This enhanced controller features seven seamlessly integrated function buttons and USB compatibility, allowing gamers to relive the gameplay experiences of the 1970s and 1980s on a wide range of platforms.
One standout feature of THE400 Mini is the ability for players to side-load their own games using a USB stick. This means that gamers can enjoy their favorite cartridge, disk, and cassette ROMs on this modern recreation. Additionally, players can rewind time and save their games, ensuring that progress is never lost.
To cater to the demands of modern technology, THE400 Mini offers HD TV output via HDMI, with compatibility for both 50Hz and 60Hz displays. With five USB ports, users have the option to connect a modern keyboard, extra joysticks, and other peripherals, enhancing their gaming experience.
Retro Games Ltd. has painstakingly crafted THE400 Mini to capture the essence of the original Atari 400 from 1979. The attention to detail is evident in every aspect, from the separateively styled design to the authentic textures of the plastic casing and membrane keyboard. No compromises were made in replicating the iconic look and feel of the original Atari 400.
In addition to THE400 Mini home computer and THECXSTICK USB joystick, the package includes an HDMI cable, USB power lead (power adapter not included), and a quick start manual. As an added bonus, Retro Games Ltd. has included 25 classic games, such as Berzerk, Boulder Dash, Capture the Flag, LeeMillipede, Missile Command, M.U.L.E, Star Raiders II, and Yoomp!
With THE400 Mini, Retro Games Ltd. has successfully merged nostalgia with modern technology, offering gamers the opportunity to relive the golden age of home computing. So mark your calendars for March 28th, 2024, and get ready to embark on a journey back to the 1970s with THE400 Mini.
- Semtech introduces AirLink XR60: The Compact 5G Router for Extreme Environments
- Intel introduces 14A (1.4 nm) and 3T Foundry Nodes, Pioneering AI-Optimized Systems Foundry
- NVIDIA’s Q4 and Fiscal 2024 Results Reveal Impressive 126% YoY Revenue Growth, Data Centers Thrive
- YEYIAN GAMING introduces Revolutionary SHIFT 3-in-1 RGB Gaming Mouse and FlexCam 2K Streaming Camera
- “Enigmatic Developers Commemorate Remarkable Achievement: 2 Million Players Reached”
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.