Summary: Sharkoon Technologies is expanding its popular SKILLER SGK50 keyboard series with three new models featuring a 75 percent layout, hot-swap capability, and a choice of pre-installed Gateron switches.
- Hot-swap capability for 3-pin or 5-pin switches
- Choice of pre-installed Gateron switches
- Polycarbonate positioning plate, double-layer silicone damping, and factory-lubed stabilizers for a satisfying typing experience
Sharkoon Technologies, a well-known player in the PC components and peripherals market, is expanding its popular SKILLER SGK50 keyboard series with the introduction of three new models featuring a 75 percent layout. In addition to the standard version, the SKILLER SGK50 S3 is also available as a barebone option, devoid of switches and keycaps. These models come in black or white, with an eye-catching version sporting white PBT keycaps and blue highlights.
Building on the success of the SKILLER SGK50 S4, the SKILLER SGK50 S3 offers hot-swap capability for 3-pin or 5-pin switches. Unlike its predecessor, this new model boasts a larger layout, complete with dedicated arrow and function keys. The inclusion of a Sharkoon key allows users to quickly program up to two macros and adjust the illumination without the need for separate software. For those seeking complete customization, the SKILLER SGK50 S3 is fully compatible with open-source software QMK and VIA.
Similar to the previous model, the SKILLER SGK50 S3 comes with a choice of pre-installed switches, this time from the Gateron brand. Users can opt for the responsive red switches, crisp yellow switches, or tactile brown switches in the standard versions. Meanwhile, the SKILLER SGK50 S3 PBT version features the latest variant of the immersive G Pro Yellow switch. For users who prefer a wider range of switch options, the SKILLER SGK50 S3 Barebone version is the ideal choice. This variant comes without switches and keycaps but includes positioning plates for both ISO and ANSI layouts.
In terms of typing experience, the SKILLER SGK50 S3 offers a satisfying sensation thanks to its polycarbonate positioning plate, double-layer silicone damping, and factory-lubed stabilizers. Those seeking the utmost performance from their keyboard can opt for the SKILLER SGK50 S3 PBT, which comes with grease-resistant PBT keycaps and dye sublimation legends for enhanced durability.
The Sharkoon SKILLER SGK50 S3 standard version and Barbone version in black are currently available at a suggested retail price of €79.90 and €59.90, respectively. White versions will be released soon. Additionally, the SKILLER SGK50 S3 PBT is available for €89.90.
PBT: Polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) is a thermoplastic engineering polymer used in the computer industry for a variety of applications. It is a strong, stiff, and heat-resistant material that is used to make connectors, housings, and other components for computers. PBT is also used to make printed circuit boards, as it is resistant to corrosion and has excellent electrical insulation properties. It is also used to make cables and other wiring components, as it is resistant to abrasion and has a low coefficient of friction. PBT is also used in the manufacture of computer cases, as it is lightweight and can be easily molded into various shapes. Additionally, PBT is used in the manufacture of computer keyboards, as it is resistant to wear and tear and can be easily cleaned.
- GIGABYTE reveals HPC & AI servers featuring AMD Instinct MI300 Series.
- Marvell OCTEON 10 Processors: Elevating Networking Devices with Server-Class Power
- Alphacool Introduces Sleek Core Flat Reservoirs: A Blend of Style and Function
- BIOSTAR introduces H510MHP-E 3.0 Motherboard: A Game-Changer in PC Tech
- ENERMAX introduces Free Mounting Upgrades for AMD’s Latest Threadripper 7000 CPUs
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- KLEVV introduces CRAS C910 Lite M.2 SSD, a Game-Changer in Storage Tech
- MaxSun introduces iCraft Z790 White Motherboard: Powerhouse for Overclocked Core i9 CPUs, Priced at $299