Summary: GPD's delay of the Win Max 2 due to a lack of supply of AMD chips highlights the challenges of relying on timely component delivery and the need for transparency in the crowdfunding industry.
- GPD is transparent about the delay, which is uncommon in the crowdfunding space.
- The delay serves as a reminder for gamers to exercise caution when preordering hardware.
- The situation sheds light on the challenges faced by companies relying on timely delivery of components.
GPD, a well-known partner of AMD in the handheld console market, has recently faced delays with their latest product, the Win Max 2. The company attributes these setbacks to a lack of supply of AMD chips, specifically the Ryzen 7 7840U APUs. In an update on their crowdfunding page, GPD revealed that the second batch of these processors did not arrive as scheduled, leading to production delays.
This situation is quite uncommon, as it is rare for board and OEM partners to publicly address such issues, especially when their product lineup heavily relies on AMD hardware. GPD offers various models that feature AMD chips, including the Win Mini and Win 4, as well as the Intel-based Pocket 3.
As a result of this delay, GPD is left with no choice but to wait for the shipment of the necessary chips and keep their backers informed about the progress. This serves as a reminder for gamers to exercise caution when preordering hardware from companies operating in the crowdfunding space.
Overall, the Win Max 2 delay sheds light on the challenges faced by companies relying on the timely delivery of components and emphasizes the importance of transparency in the crowdfunding industry.
About AMD: AMD, a large player in the semiconductor industry is known for its powerful processors and graphic solutions, AMD has consistently pushed the boundaries of performance, efficiency, and user experience. With a customer-centric approach, the company has cultivated a reputation for delivering high-performance solutions that cater to the needs of gamers, professionals, and general users. AMD's Ryzen series of processors have redefined the landscape of desktop and laptop computing, offering impressive multi-core performance and competitive pricing that has challenged the dominance of its competitors. Complementing its processor expertise, AMD's Radeon graphics cards have also earned accolades for their efficiency and exceptional graphical capabilities, making them a favored choice among gamers and content creators. The company's commitment to innovation and technology continues to shape the client computing landscape, providing users with powerful tools to fuel their digital endeavors.AMD Website: https://www.amd.com/
AMD LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/amd/
About Intel: Intel Corporation, a global technology leader, is for its semiconductor innovations that power computing and communication devices worldwide. As a pioneer in microprocessor technology, Intel has left an indelible mark on the evolution of computing with its processors that drive everything from PCs to data centers and beyond. With a history of advancements, Intel's relentless pursuit of innovation continues to shape the digital landscape, offering solutions that empower businesses and individuals to achieve new levels of productivity and connectivity.Intel Website: https://www.intel.com/
Intel LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/intel-corporation/
- Crucial introduces high-performance DDR5-6000 memory and T705 M.2 Gen 5 SSD
- CTL introduces Sleek Chromebook NL73 Series: A Perfect Blend of Style and Function
- Arctic’s Liquid Freezer III AIO CPU Coolers Receive Impressive Price Reductions
- Eurocom introduces Powerful 780 W AC Adapter, Enhancing MSI Titan 18HX Gaming Laptop
- ASUS introduces AI-Enabled Vivobook S Series Notebooks, Powered by Intel Core Ultra Processors
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.