Summary: Intel has officially announced that its Meteor Lake-S architecture will launch in 2024, putting an end to the rumors of its cancellation and confirming that it will span across both mobile and desktop CPUs.
- Intel has officially announced that Meteor Lake will launch in 2024.
- Intel has made undisclosed alterations to their plans.
- Intel may have an ambitious release schedule with three desktop series in a single year.
Intel has put an end to the rumors swirling around the cancellation of its Meteor Lake-S architecture. The company’s internal roadmaps did contain some accurate details, but the full story is quite different. Instead of a year-end release for desktops, Intel has officially announced that Meteor Lake will launch in 2024. Michelle Johnston Holthaus, Intel’s Executive Vice President and General Manager of the Client Computing Group, confirmed this information.
Previously, there were speculations about Intel introducing the first generation Core Ultra CPUs for desktops based on Meteor Lake in Q4. However, those plans have now been definitively scrapped. Instead, Meteor Lake will first make its appearance on the mobile platform on December 14th, with the desktop version following sometime next year.
In an interview with PCWorld, Michelle confirmed that Meteor Lake is indeed coming to desktops. This suggests that Intel has made undisclosed alterations to their plans or that the leaked roadmaps did not provide the complete picture. Regardless, Meteor Lake-S is happening, and Intel will have a comprehensive architecture spanning across both mobile and desktop CPUs.
The exact release date for Meteor Lake on desktops remains uncertain. It could potentially launch alongside the Raptor Lake Refresh 65W CPUs in early Q1 or be closer to the rumored Arrow Lake-S platform. There’s also speculation about whether these products will be included in the same lineup or if Arrow Lake will be part of the 2nd Gen Ultra series with a later release.
If the remaining rumors hold true, Intel may have an ambitious release schedule with three desktop series in a single year: Raptor Lake Refresh (65W parts), Meteor Lake-S, and Arrow Lake-S. However, it’s important to note that the accuracy of these rumors, especially regarding the 2024 launch of Arrow Lake, is questionable. We may receive more concrete information about the release timeline of Arrow Lake-S in the future.
About Intel: Intel Corporation, a global technology leader, is for its semiconductor innovations that power computing and communication devices worldwide. As a pioneer in microprocessor technology, Intel has left an indelible mark on the evolution of computing with its processors that drive everything from PCs to data centers and beyond. With a history of advancements, Intel's relentless pursuit of innovation continues to shape the digital landscape, offering solutions that empower businesses and individuals to achieve new levels of productivity and connectivity.Intel Website: https://www.intel.com/
Intel LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/intel-corporation/
- Crucial introduces high-performance DDR5-6000 memory and T705 M.2 Gen 5 SSD
- CTL introduces Sleek Chromebook NL73 Series: A Perfect Blend of Style and Function
- Arctic’s Liquid Freezer III AIO CPU Coolers Receive Impressive Price Reductions
- ASUS introduces AI-Enabled Vivobook S Series Notebooks, Powered by Intel Core Ultra Processors
- Eurocom introduces Powerful 780 W AC Adapter, Enhancing MSI Titan 18HX Gaming Laptop
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.