Summary: Arrowhead Game Studios CEO Johan Pilestedt apologizes for ongoing server issues and announces increased capacity and rate limit, but acknowledges that login and reward distribution problems may persist and encourages players to be patient and reboot the game if necessary.
- Increased rate limit from 10,000 to 20,000 connections per minute
- Raised overall capacity for concurrent players from 250,000 to 360,000
- Commitment to resolving issues and continuous improvement
Greetings, dear readers. We appreciate your patience as we conducted some essential server maintenance. During this process, we implemented three “rapid-fixes” to address several issues that have been plaguing our system. These fixes were specifically designed to tackle problems related to rewards distribution, login difficulties, and server capacity.
To delve into the technical aspects, both our services and our partner services have a rate limiter in place. This limiter prevents an overwhelming number of connections per minute, thus safeguarding the system from potential failures. We are pleased to announce that we successfully increased the rate limit from 10,000 connections per minute to 20,000 connections per minute. Additionally, the overall capacity for concurrent players was raised from a total of 250,000 to 360,000.
However, despite these improvements, we encountered a new challenge when the player count skyrocketed to 360k after just 5 1⁄2 minutes. Consequently, the login issue still persists. If you encounter the dreaded “Failed to connect to server” message, it means that either the maximum number of login requests for that particular minute has been exceeded or the servers have reached their full capacity. In such cases, new players will have to wait until someone logs out before they can join. On a positive note, the increased capacity should reduce the need for multiple login attempts.
Regarding the reward distribution problem, we have made progress in mitigating the issue but have not yet achieved a complete resolution. Without further server maintenance, this problem will persist. If you find yourself facing this issue, we recommend rebooting the game as it may increase the chances of resetting the reward tracking. The root cause of this problem lies in the high traffic on our servers, which is causing rewards to be inaccurately recorded.
We understand that the progression issue can be frustrating, particularly for newer divers who are eager to unlock exciting gear. Once again, we extend our sincere apologies for the difficulties you are experiencing. Rest assured, we are fully committed to rectifying these issues. However, at this moment, it is crucial that our hardworking team gets some well-deserved rest. We will resume our efforts in a few hours, fully recharged and ready to tackle these challenges head-on.
Thank you for your continued support.
CEO of Arrowhead Game Studios
- Intel introduces Xeon “Sierra Forest” 288 E-core Processor for Telecom at MWC 2024
- Lenovo reveals AI solutions and products at MWC 2024.
- Lenovo’s Offerings Empower AI for All at MWC 2024
- Qualcomm introduces FastConnect 7900, AI-Optimized Wi-Fi 7 System for Enhanced Connectivity
- Supermicro boosts 5G and Telco Cloud performance with expanded infrastructure solutions.
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.