Summary: AXIS Lite by Refract Technologies is a revolutionary VR device that offers full-body immersion, simple setup, and exceptional performance, making it a game-changer in the VR industry.
- Revolutionary full-body immersion experience in VR
- Simplified setup process for convenience and ease of use
- Advanced tracking capabilities for low latency and accurate movement
Refract Technologies is stirring up the virtual reality (VR) industry with its latest innovation, AXIS Lite. This device takes VR immersion to a whole new level by tracking real-time lower body movement, in addition to the upper body tracking that is typical of VR headsets and controllers. With AXIS Lite, users can experience full-body immersion in their favorite VR games and experiences.
What sets AXIS Lite apart from other VR systems on the market is its focus on simplicity and accessibility. This device was designed with the consumer in mind, aiming to free players from the hassle of complicated setups, external base stations, and tangled wires. With a streamlined four-node setup, AXIS Lite offers a convenient and easy-to-use experience that significantly reduces setup time, allowing users to spend more time enjoying their VR adventures.
Not only does AXIS Lite provide a seamless setup process, but it also delivers exceptional performance. Players can dance, jump, kick, and perform various movements in real-time with low latency, thanks to the device’s advanced tracking capabilities. Popular VR games like VRChat, Dance Dash VR, Zenith: The Last City, and Blade and Sorcery are just a few examples of the experiences that users can fully immerse themselves in with AXIS Lite. The system’s 360-degree coverage and ample range ensure maximum freedom of movement without compromising accuracy or space.
For developers of VR applications, AXIS Lite is a versatile tool that seamlessly integrates with popular platforms such as SteamVR, OpenVR, OpenXR, Unity, and Unreal Engine. This compatibility opens up a world of possibilities for developers to create immersive and interactive experiences that take full advantage of AXIS Lite’s capabilities.
“At Refract, we believe VR has legs,” said Michael Chng, Co-CEO of Refract Technologies. “It is our goal to democratize full-body tracking. By making quality motion capture more accessible and affordable, we are confident that AXIS Lite will extend human experiences beyond reality for even more users. We can’t wait for people to get their hands on the AXIS Lite when it ships in late Spring.”
Excitingly, AXIS Lite is now available for pre-order starting from 8 February 2024. Early birds can secure an exclusive Super Early Bird price of $248 by registering on Refract’s AXIS-dedicated website. After the pre-order period, prices will start at $288 until the device’s shipping date in May 2024, when it will retail at its full price of $350. Refract’s AXIS-dedicated website offers global shipping, ensuring that VR enthusiasts worldwide can get their hands on this game-changing technology.
latency: Technology latency is the time it takes for a computer system to respond to a request. It is an important factor in the performance of computer systems, as it affects the speed and efficiency of data processing. In the computer industry, latency is a major factor in the performance of computer networks, storage systems, and other computer systems. Low latency is essential for applications that require fast response times, such as online gaming, streaming media, and real-time data processing. High latency can cause delays in data processing, resulting in slow response times and poor performance. To reduce latency, computer systems use various techniques such as caching, load balancing, and parallel processing. By reducing latency, computer systems can provide faster response times and improved performance.
- CTL introduces Sleek Chromebook NL73 Series: A Perfect Blend of Style and Function
- Arctic’s Liquid Freezer III AIO CPU Coolers Receive Impressive Price Reductions
- Crucial introduces high-performance DDR5-6000 memory and T705 M.2 Gen 5 SSD
- ASUS introduces AI-Enabled Vivobook S Series Notebooks, Powered by Intel Core Ultra Processors
- ASUS introduces AI-Enhanced Vivobook S Series Featuring AMD Ryzen 8040 CPUs
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.