Summary: Qualcomm appoints Akash Palkhiwala as CFO and COO, reflecting their commitment to growth and diversification, with his expanded role aligning operations and capturing future opportunities.
- Expanded role for CFO and COO reflects Qualcomm's commitment to growth and diversification strategy
- Palkhiwala's deep understanding of business strategy and experience in expanding into new markets make him well-suited for the role
- Qualcomm's technology roadmap and innovations have the potential to transform industries and revolutionize everyday experiences
Qualcomm Incorporated, a leading technology company, has recently announced the appointment of Akash Palkhiwala as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO). This expanded role will see Palkhiwala taking on additional responsibilities, including overseeing the global go-to-market organization, operations, and IT. Palkhiwala, who has been serving as CFO since 2019, will now report directly to Cristiano Amon, President and CEO of Qualcomm Incorporated.
The decision to appoint Palkhiwala as COO reflects Qualcomm’s commitment to executing its growth and diversification strategy. With his deep understanding of the company’s business strategy and experience in expanding into new markets, Palkhiwala is well-positioned to align Qualcomm’s operations and capture future growth opportunities.
Cristiano Amon expressed his satisfaction with the expansion of Akash’s role, stating, “I’m pleased to expand Akash’s CFO role to include that of Chief Operating Officer as Qualcomm executes on its growth and diversification strategy. Akash has played a key role in the execution of our business strategy as Qualcomm has expanded into new end markets, and is ideally positioned to further align the company’s operations to capture future growth opportunities. I am thrilled to congratulate Akash on this expanded role.”
Palkhiwala brings a wealth of experience to his new position. Prior to serving as CFO, he held the position of Senior Vice President and finance lead for QCT, Qualcomm’s semiconductor business. Having joined Qualcomm in 2001, Palkhiwala has held various finance leadership roles, including Treasurer, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Corporate Development. He holds an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from L.D. College of Engineering in India and an M.B.A from the University of Maryland.
Qualcomm is a driving force behind the vision of a world where everything and everyone is intelligently connected. Their technology roadmap enables the scaling of advanced connectivity, high-performance, low-power compute, on-device intelligence, and more. These innovations, powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon platforms, are set to transform industries, accelerate the digital economy, and revolutionize our everyday experiences.
It’s worth noting that Qualcomm Incorporated consists of their licensing business, QTL, and the majority of their patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, handles the company’s engineering, research and development functions, as well as its products and services businesses, including the QCT semiconductor business. Products bearing the Snapdragon and Qualcomm brands are developed by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Qualcomm’s patented technologies are licensed by Qualcomm Incorporated.
About Qualcomm: Qualcomm, a leading American global semiconductor and telecommunications equipment company, has played a pivotal role in shaping the modern technology landscape. Founded in 1985, Qualcomm has been at the forefront of innovation, particularly in the realm of mobile communications and wireless technology. The company's advancements have been instrumental in the evolution of smartphones, powering devices with their Snapdragon processors that deliver exceptional performance and efficiency. With a strong commitment to research and development, Qualcomm has enabled the growth of 5G technology, paving the way for faster and more connected experiences.Qualcomm Website: https://www.qualcomm.com
Qualcomm LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/qualcomm
Snapdragon: The Snapdragon processor is a cutting-edge technology developed by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. It is a powerful and efficient mobile processor that is used in many of today's smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices. Snapdragon processors are also used in some computers, providing a powerful and efficient computing experience. Snapdragon processors are designed to provide a high level of performance, while also being energy efficient. They are used in a variety of applications, including gaming, virtual reality, and artificial intelligence. Snapdragon processors are also used in many of today's laptops, providing a powerful and efficient computing experience. The Snapdragon processor is a great choice for those looking for a powerful and efficient processor for their computer.
- Crucial introduces high-performance DDR5-6000 memory and T705 M.2 Gen 5 SSD
- CTL introduces Sleek Chromebook NL73 Series: A Perfect Blend of Style and Function
- Arctic’s Liquid Freezer III AIO CPU Coolers Receive Impressive Price Reductions
- Eurocom introduces Powerful 780 W AC Adapter, Enhancing MSI Titan 18HX Gaming Laptop
- ASUS introduces AI-Enabled Vivobook S Series Notebooks, Powered by Intel Core Ultra Processors
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.