Summary: The EK-Pro Pump Reservoir Manifold X3 D5 – Acetal is a versatile and high-performance water-cooling combo unit with eight G1/4" ports, a powerful PWM-controlled D5 pump, and a drain port with a Quick Disconnect Coupling/Fitting, making it a top choice for water-cooling enthusiasts.
- Versatile mounting options with M4 screw threads and 120mm fan mounting hole spacing
- Eight G1/4" ports, including dedicated fill and drain ports, for ample connectivity options
- Updated PWM-controlled D5 pump with SATA power connector for reliability and quiet operation
EK, the water-cooling gear manufacturer, is set to release their latest product, the EK-Pro Pump Reservoir Manifold X3 D5 – Acetal. Following the success of its predecessor, the X6, this new combo unit offers a range of features that cater to the needs of water-cooling enthusiasts.
The X3 in the name signifies its ability to connect three components directly as a manifold, while the D5 indicates the presence of a single D5 pump that efficiently circulates the liquid throughout the loop. This versatile unit can be mounted in various ways, thanks to its M4 screw threads and a bracket with 120mm fan mounting hole spacing.
With eight G1/4″ ports, including dedicated fill and drain ports, users have ample connectivity options. The combo unit comes equipped with a powerful yet quiet PWM-controlled D5 pump, ensuring reliability and exceptional performance while minimizing noise. The pump has been updated with the latest G3 variant and features a SATA power connector, aligning with the industry trend of reducing the use of 4-pin Molex cables.
One standout feature of the EK-Pro Pump Reservoir Manifold X3 D5 – Acetal is its drain port with a Quick Disconnect Coupling/Fitting (QDC). This allows users to easily drain their systems directly from the case without requiring additional tools. While using the QDC is optional, it offers several quality-of-life benefits.
The combo unit is primarily constructed from durable Black POM acetal, complemented by a stainless steel plate and a see-through acrylic window. The pump is held in place by a black-anodized aluminum holder, ensuring there is no risk of corrosion due to metal mixing. The only metal components in contact with the coolant are the nickel-plated brass G1/4″ plugs, while high-quality O-rings provide effective sealing.
In terms of technical details, the reservoir measures 74 x 75 x 180mm with the attached pump and 115 x 75 x 180mm with the attached QDC. It has a coolant volume of 120ml. The pump motor is a 12V DC electronically commuted spherical motor with a power consumption of 23W. It boasts a maximum pressure head of 3.9m and a maximum flow rate of 1500L/h. The operational regime includes a PWM duty cycle of approximately 20-100%, with the default behavior being a 100% duty cycle in the absence of a PWM feedback signal.
The EK-Pro Pump Reservoir Manifold X3 D5 – Acetal is available for pre-order through the EK Webshop and partner reseller network, with shipping expected to commence in early February 2024. The manufacturer-suggested retail price (MSRP), including VAT, is set at 329.90€.
About EK: EKWB, or EK Water Blocks, is a Slovenian company specializing in liquid cooling solutions for computers. They are well-regarded for their high-quality water cooling components, including CPU and GPU water blocks, radiators, pumps, and tubing. EKWB is a trusted brand among PC enthusiasts and overclockers, offering efficient and customizable cooling solutions to help maintain optimal operating temperatures for high-performance computers.
PWM: Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) is a type of technology used in the computer industry that allows for control over pulse and frequency. It works by modulating an output signal’s pulse width or duty cycle to vary the on and off times of the signal. This technology can be used to control and regulate different DC motor, lighting, and other devices. In the computer industry, PWM is often used to control the speed of CPU and GPU fan speeds for improved cooling. It is also used to control backlighting levels on devices such as keyboards or monitors. PWM is versatile, cost-effective, and efficient; as such, it is an important technology in the computer industry.
- Intel introduces Xeon “Sierra Forest” 288 E-core Processor for Telecom at MWC 2024
- Lenovo reveals AI solutions and products at MWC 2024.
- Lenovo’s Offerings Empower AI for All at MWC 2024
- Qualcomm introduces FastConnect 7900, AI-Optimized Wi-Fi 7 System for Enhanced Connectivity
- Supermicro boosts 5G and Telco Cloud performance with expanded infrastructure solutions.
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.