Summary: Private Division and Roll7 have joined forces to bring gamers a thrilling new experience with the release of Rollerdrome, a third-person shooter-skater game now available on Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Steam.
- Unique retro-futuristic universe brought to life through a comic-book inspired art style
- Combines fluid movement, visceral combat, and technical tricks to create a thrilling experience
- Developed by Roll7, the BAFTA and multi-award-winning London-based studio
Private Division and Roll7 have joined forces to bring gamers a thrilling new experience with the release of Rollerdrome, a third-person shooter-skater game. Available now on XBOX Series X|S and Windows PC, Rollerdrome aims to immerse players in intense arena combat, combining fluid movement, visceral combat, and technical tricks to create what the developers describe as “flow-state mayhem.”
The game’s origins trace back to an early gameplay prototype shared by Creative Director Paul Rabbitte, which immediately caught the attention of Roll7’s Founder and Studio Head, Tom Hegarty. Recognizing the potential, the team quickly assembled to transform the promising concept into a visceral and stylish game. Hegarty expressed his excitement at being able to share Rollerdrome with a whole new group of Xbox and PC players.
Set in the year 2030, Rollerdrome puts players in the shoes of Kara Hassan, a new contender in the Rollerdrome tournament. As players face off against the deadly House Players, they must combine eliminations with stylish tricks to win over the destruction-loving crowd and potentially secure their freedom. With skates strapped on and clips loaded, survival becomes the ultimate victory.
The positive reception from critics and players around the world following its initial release last year confirmed that Rollerdrome was something special. This overwhelming response fueled further development and paved the way for its availability on additional platforms. Krystal Lim, Producer at Private Division, expressed gratitude for the opportunity to share the game with a whole new audience.
Rollerdrome boasts a unique retro-futuristic universe brought to life through a comic-book inspired art style. Paying homage to extreme action sports games through a ’70s lens of a classic third-person shooter, the game’s graphic novel aesthetic not only captures the essence of its world but also enhances the visceral combat experience. The bold color palette and separate character outlines ensure that players’ focus remains sharp, even in the face of impending threats such as rocket explosions or bullet sprays.
Developed by Roll7, the BAFTA and multi-award-winning London-based studio for games like OlliOlli, OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood, OlliOlli World, Laser League, and NOT A HERO, Rollerdrome promises to deliver another beloved and remarkable gaming experience.
Rollerdrome is available for digital download at $29.99 on Xbox Series X|S and Windows PC. Players can also enjoy the game through Xbox Game Pass for console, PC, and cloud. Additionally, Rollerdrome can be downloaded on Playstation 5, Playstation 4, and PC VIA Steam. The game has received a Mature rating from the ESRB.
- CTL introduces Sleek Chromebook NL73 Series: A Perfect Blend of Style and Function
- Arctic’s Liquid Freezer III AIO CPU Coolers Receive Impressive Price Reductions
- Crucial introduces high-performance DDR5-6000 memory and T705 M.2 Gen 5 SSD
- ASUS introduces AI-Enabled Vivobook S Series Notebooks, Powered by Intel Core Ultra Processors
- ASUS introduces AI-Enhanced Vivobook S Series Featuring AMD Ryzen 8040 CPUs
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.