Summary: The CSTM80 Keyboard offers a range of customizable features, including magnetically attached top cases, plate options, south-facing switches, and additional finishes and materials, allowing users to create a keyboard that reflects their personal style.
- Magnetically attached top case for easy customization
- Peg-type gasket-mounted plate design for satisfying typing sound
- South-facing switches for maximum keycap compatibility
Introducing the CSTM80 Keyboard: A Customization Dream
In the world of mechanical keyboards, customization is key. And the upcoming CSTM80 keyboard takes customization to a whole new level with its magnetically attached top case. This innovative feature allows users to easily swap out the top case, giving them the freedom to customize the aesthetics of their keyboard on a whim. But there’s more to the CSTM80 than just its eye-catching design. Let’s dive into the features that make this keyboard a standout in the market.
Typing Feel and Sound
The CSTM80 boasts a peg-type gasket-mounted plate design, which comes with a default polycarbonate plate for both the fully-built and barebones versions. This choice of material not only provides a satisfying typing sound but also allows for a good amount of flex, thanks to the gasket-mounting construction. The included linear switches (Gateron Yellow KS3) offer a subtle marbly sound without being overly muted, while the tactile switches (Gateron Browns) maintain a strong tactility with a similar sound profile. Of course, nothing beats actually hearing it for yourself, so stay tuned for our upcoming typing tests.
For those who crave even more customization, the CSTM80 offers additional plate options in Brass, FR4, Carbon Fiber, and POM materials. Switching plates is a breeze, making it easy to experiment with different configurations and find your perfect setup. And to ensure optimal sound dampening and stability, the keyboard comes with a variety of foams, including PORON plate foam, IXPE switch foam, and PORON case foam.
Keycap compatibility is a concern for many keyboard enthusiasts, which is why the CSTM80 features south-facing switches. This orientation maximizes compatibility and eliminates any worries about keycap fit. But that’s not all – the fully-built keyboards also come with laser-etched front shine-through keycaps. These keycaps not only allow the LEDs to shine through beautifully but also give the keyboard an elegant, almost blank appearance when the LEDs are turned off.
Advanced Firmware and Configurator Support
The CSTM80 is designed with versatility in mind. It supports a range of firmware options, including Drop Keyboard Configurator, QMK, VIA, and Vial (available after launch). Flashing these firmware options to the keyboard is a breeze with our configurator application, which also provides keymapping support. Whether you’re a seasoned keyboard enthusiast or a newbie, you’ll have no trouble customizing the CSTM80 to your heart’s content.
A Touch of Weight and Durability
To give the CSTM80 a more substantial feel, an aluminum weight is strategically placed at the bottom of the keyboard. This addition not only adds heft but also enhances the overall typing experience. And for those seeking even more customization options, additional finishes and materials are in the works, including stainless steel with black PVD coating, stainless steel with chromatic PVD coating, and brass with clear coating to prevent oxidation.
Unleash Your Creativity with CSTM Top Cases
But let’s not forget about the top case! The CSTM80 offers a range of top case colors, designs, and materials to choose from. And in an exciting collaboration, we’re working with designers to expand their unique keycap designs onto the top cases. This means that you can truly create a keyboard that reflects your personal style and preferences.
So, what features are you most excited about with the CSTM80? Is there a specific keycap set that you can’t wait to pair with a matching top case? The possibilities are endless, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with. Stay tuned for more updates on top cases in our next story!
- Semtech introduces AirLink XR60: The Compact 5G Router for Extreme Environments
- Intel introduces 14A (1.4 nm) and 3T Foundry Nodes, Pioneering AI-Optimized Systems Foundry
- NVIDIA’s Q4 and Fiscal 2024 Results Reveal Impressive 126% YoY Revenue Growth, Data Centers Thrive
- YEYIAN GAMING introduces Revolutionary SHIFT 3-in-1 RGB Gaming Mouse and FlexCam 2K Streaming Camera
- “Enigmatic Developers Commemorate Remarkable Achievement: 2 Million Players Reached”
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.