Summary: Seagate Technology Holdings plc has launched its latest mass storage system, the Exos CORVAULT 5U84, designed to help media and entertainment organizations reduce their carbon emissions and operating costs while providing scalability, self-healing capabilities, and advanced data protection technologies.
- Reduces carbon emissions and operating costs
- User-friendly experience with multi-petabyte capacity
- Reduces e-waste, operational costs, and power consumption
Seagate Technology Holdings plc has launched its latest mass Storage system, the Exos CORVAULT 5U84, at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) 2023. The new system is designed to help media and entertainment organizations reduce their carbon emissions and operating costs by extending the lifespan of drives. Seagate’s sustainability efforts have also been recognized by IBC, naming the company as a finalist for its Social Impact Award in the Environment and Sustainability category.
The Exos CORVAULT is a high-performing, efficient, and durable block storage system that brings scalability and self-healing capabilities to data center deployments. What sets CORVAULT apart from other enterprise storage systems is its user-friendly experience, which is comparable to managing a single hard drive but with multi-petabyte capacity. Seagate now offers a 5U form factor specifically designed for smaller racks commonly used in the media and entertainment industry.
The Exos CORVAULT 5U84 delivers rapid deployment, streamlined data management, and reduced human intervention, providing hyperscale efficiencies to M&E data centers. Seagate’s long-standing partner, pixitmedia, has praised the new storage solution for its reliability, availability, and energy efficiency, enabling customers to innovate and collaborate securely.
Seagate’s CORVAULT storage solution is a breakthrough innovation that addresses sustainability concerns by reducing e-waste, operational costs, and power consumption in software-defined data center architecture. This is made possible by Seagate’s advanced data protection technologies, including ADAPT erasure coding and ADR autonomous drive regeneration.
Melyssa Banda, Vice President of Storage Solutions and Services at Seagate, highlights the comprehensive and secure nature of the Exos CORVAULT storage solution, making it ideal for the data-intensive media and entertainment industry. Banda also emphasizes Seagate’s commitment to sustainability and minimizing electronic waste.
Seagate’s storage portfolio aims to solve the challenges faced by the media and entertainment industry, such as the increasing demand for streaming services, growing media viewership, and content resolution. The company’s Exos storage systems and Lyve solutions and services are designed to improve data flow, data availability, and cost predictability for M&E businesses.
To learn more about Seagate’s storage solutions, visit their booth at IBC Hall 3, D37. For further information on Seagate’s sustainability efforts, refer to their Sustainable Datasphere: FY2022 ESG Performance Report and circularity program initiative.
About Seagate: Seagate Technology, founded in 1978, is a leading data storage solutions provider that specializes in hard drives and storage solutions for consumers, businesses, and data centers. With a reputation for reliability and innovation, Seagate's products address diverse storage needs, from individual data storage to large-scale enterprise environments. The company has played a crucial role in shaping the data storage landscape and continues to be at the forefront of technological advancements.Seagate Website: https://www.seagate.com/
Seagate LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/seagate-technology/
- Intel introduces Xeon “Sierra Forest” 288 E-core Processor for Telecom at MWC 2024
- Lenovo reveals AI solutions and products at MWC 2024.
- Lenovo’s Offerings Empower AI for All at MWC 2024
- Qualcomm introduces FastConnect 7900, AI-Optimized Wi-Fi 7 System for Enhanced Connectivity
- Supermicro boosts 5G and Telco Cloud performance with expanded infrastructure solutions.
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.