Summary: MSI is actively investigating an issue with their Intel 600/700 motherboards that have been causing Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors after the installation of the KB5022951 Windows update, and has provided a temporary workaround for users to restore normal functioning.
- MSI is actively working on finding a solution.
- Temporary workaround available.
- MSI has provided a video tutorial on how to flash BIOS on their motherboards.
MSI is currently addressing issues with their latest Intel 600/700 motherboards that have been causing Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors. These problems have been linked to the installation of the KB5022951 Windows update, resulting in an “UNSUPPORTED_PROCESSOR” message on the screen. The affected motherboards are those that have undergone a BIOS update to support the upcoming Intel 14th Gen Core Raptor Lake Refresh CPUs.
The exact cause of this issue is still unknown, and its connection to next-gen CPU compatibility remains unclear. However, both Microsoft and MSI are actively working on finding a solution. MSI is conducting a thorough investigation and has promised to provide updates on their progress.
In the meantime, if you have encountered this problem, there is a temporary workaround. The KB5029351 update may automatically uninstall itself to restore normal functioning. However, if it doesn’t, MSI recommends reverting your BIOS to the previous version and manually uninstalling KB5029351 from Windows. If you need assistance with restoring the older BIOS version, MSI has provided a video tutorial on how to flash BIOS on their motherboards.
It’s important to note that this workaround assumes that the Windows OS will automatically roll back and remove the problematic update. If this doesn’t happen, users will need to manually revert their BIOS to the previous version for stability.
Source: MSI, The Verge
About Intel: Intel Corporation, a global technology leader, is for its semiconductor innovations that power computing and communication devices worldwide. As a pioneer in microprocessor technology, Intel has left an indelible mark on the evolution of computing with its processors that drive everything from PCs to data centers and beyond. With a history of advancements, Intel's relentless pursuit of innovation continues to shape the digital landscape, offering solutions that empower businesses and individuals to achieve new levels of productivity and connectivity.Intel Website: https://www.intel.com/
Intel LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/intel-corporation/
About MSI: MSI (Micro-Star International) is a globally recognized company that specializes in the development and manufacturing of a wide range of computer products. With a rich history dating back to its establishment in 1986, MSI has emerged as a key player in the technology industry, consistently delivering innovative solutions that cater to the needs of both casual users and hardcore enthusiasts. The company's product portfolio encompasses a diverse array of offerings, including motherboards, graphics cards, laptops, desktops, monitors, and various gaming peripherals. MSI's commitment to quality and performance is evident in its dedication to technologies, sleek designs, and rigorous testing standards. for its gaming-focused products under the MSI Gaming brand, the company has earned a reputation for delivering high-performance components that enhance the gaming experience.MSI Website: https://www.msi.com/
MSI LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/msi-computer/
- Semtech introduces AirLink XR60: The Compact 5G Router for Extreme Environments
- Intel introduces 14A (1.4 nm) and 3T Foundry Nodes, Pioneering AI-Optimized Systems Foundry
- NVIDIA’s Q4 and Fiscal 2024 Results Reveal Impressive 126% YoY Revenue Growth, Data Centers Thrive
- YEYIAN GAMING introduces Revolutionary SHIFT 3-in-1 RGB Gaming Mouse and FlexCam 2K Streaming Camera
- “Enigmatic Developers Commemorate Remarkable Achievement: 2 Million Players Reached”
- NZXT about to launch the H6 Flow RGB, a HYTE Y60’ish Mid tower case
- HYTE teases the “HYTE Y70 Touch” case with large touch screen
- Intel’s CPU Roadmap: 15th Gen Arrow Lake Arriving Q4 2024, Panther Lake and Nova Lake Follow
- NZXT set to launch a non RGB version of the H6 Flow case
- Tech giants collaborate to establish standardized narrow precision data formats for AI.